• Privacy is important to us at Pro-Alarm and we pride ourselves on being honest, open and reliable.
• The following policy will show you which data we collect, how we collect it and how we use it. It will also tell you how you can remove yourself from the Pro-Alarm database if necessary.
• This notice applies to the software that holds all of the customer details, we use Workforce FM and Xero which are also GDPR compliant.
We understand that you will have probably been inundated with privacy policies and GDPR emails but we encourage to read through this carefully and please get in contact if you have any concerns
or questions about our privacy practices at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
We are Pro-Alarm, a local fire alarm and extinguisher installation service owned by David Peart who is also the data controller.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following personal information; names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers of clients.
• We collect data when names and addresses are given by customers to complete works at properties.
• We hold the data collected in a data management software called workforce.
• We do not use third parties for mailing lists.
• We do not process and sensitive data and we do not store financial information.
• The GDPR applies to 'personal data' meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier.
• The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as “special categories of personal data”. The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely
identify an individual. We do not hold any sensitive personal data about anyone.
How do we use personal information?
For our service to be efficient we only use personal data to hold contact details of customers. This is to be able to attend properties and be able to contact clients. We do not send out
advertising information or deal with any third party marketing companies.
When do we share personal data?
Personal data will always be treated confidentially , the only time it will be shared is with engineers to attend properties or arrange for repairs to be made to properties.
• Data will be shared with internal workforce using our management and accounting software (Workforce and Xero) or by emails to employees.
• Our management system is protected by passwords, which change at regular intervals. Only employees of Pro-Alarm are able to access client data.
• We will never share your data with any third parties, we do not have a mailing list or use companies for advertising.
How do we secure personal data?
It is vitally important to us that your data is secure, we ensure this by:
• Using online storage to prevent accidental loss
• Changing passwords at regular periods
• Having permissions set for employees to restrict access to different levels of data
• Training staff on GDPR and the privacy of personal data
How long do we keep your personal data for?
The GDPR requires businesses to only hold data for as long as reasonably necessary. With this in mind we will only keep data of clients for 3 years from the date of the last work. Data will be
deleted from our management system and online storage.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Under the GDPR the customer has the right to access and control their own data. You have the right to:
• Have access to your personal information
• The right to withdrawal and deletion
• Data portability
• Restriction of processing and objection
• Lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
All of the above data requests can be made by emailing email@example.com
The only reason we would hold your data is for client contact on work being carried out on customer properties. Withdrawing the information we hold may result in works not being
How to contact us?
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns about your privacy practices, your personal information or if you wish to file a complaint.